Thank you for choosing Sandia Dog Obedience Club. We have been in business for over 50 years, training dogs at all levels of AKC competition. Our main focus, however, is to help you train your dog to be a happy, well-mannered companion. Please read this information sheet before completing and mailing this application to the appropriate Registrar.
Mail forms, shot records, Placement Recommendation form (if required), and full payment (cash – exact change, check or money order to payable to SDOC) to the appropriate registrar:
For Obedience, Rally, Conformation, Scent Work & Freestyle training, mail to:
For Agility training, mail to:
For Tracking training, mail to:
|SDOC c/o Betty Pearson,
Corrales, NM 87048
|SDOC c/o Stephanie Kouretsos,
P.O Box 16090
Albuquerque, NM 87191
SDOC c/o Ann Newsted,
1. All SDOC classes are limited in size. To ensure a place, your completed and signed application, full payment and proof of vaccination must reach the appropriate SDOC registrar a minimum of one day prior to the class start date and prior to the time the class limit is reached. RECEIPT OF THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE A PLACE IN THE CLASS. Emailed applications are not accepted. To avoid misplacement, please staple your check to your application.
2. PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE BY CASH (exact change), CHECK OR MONEY ORDER (payable to SDOC). ANY AND ALL FEES ASSOCITED WITH RETUNED CHECKS WILL BE BILLED BACK TO THE STUDENT. If you have questions as to the amount, please contact the registrar.
3. If you must withdraw from a class, contact the registrar. Refunds will be evaluated on an individual basis.
4. Rescued dogs are eligible for a discount on the first class attended. A copy of the adoption agreement must be provided at the time of registration. No discounts will be granted without a valid adoption-agreement.
5. The application MUST be signed by the person legally responsible for the dog. If the owner is a minor, or the dog is owned by someone else, the signature of a parent/guardian is required for the former, and an owner signature for the latter. Junior handlers must be at least 16 years old unless given permission by the instructor. The parent or guardian of a Junior Handler under 16 must be present during class. Junior Handlers must have a Junior Handler Permission Form on file with SDOC.
6. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the first class session to complete your registration. If at all possible, please plan to leave your dog in the car until class begins. Unless it’s hot outside and/or unsafe.
7. Permission of the training committee is required to enroll your dog in an SDOC class if the dog has had Attack, Protection or Schutzhund training. Call the appropriate registrar.
8. Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo and rabies inoculations MUST be current and must be administered at least 2 weeks prior to any class. Puppies should have at least 2 vaccinations for Parvo and Distemper at least 7 days prior to their first class. It is essential that the series be completed and that rabies vaccinations be given to all dogs over 6 months old. Please refer to our VACCINATION POLICY. PROOF OF VACCINATIONS FOR ALL DOGS MUST BE SHOWN AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. The document must include the dog's name and the expiration date of the vaccinations or the date of vaccination and the inoculation period of the vaccinations. Receipts from pet supply stores for purchased vaccinations are not sufficient proof.
1. Please do not allow your dog to socialize with other dogs while at Sandia Dog Obedience Club unless it is in a puppy class and then only at the instructors discretion. From the time the dog comes out of your car, please keep him close to you and under control and on leash at all times. We want you and the dogs to have a positive experience here and you do not know how one dog will react to another in a strange place and situation. Thank you for joining us in keeping everyone safe from injury.
2. Please do not buy a new collar/leash. Use what you have. Your instructor can advise what would be best for your dog. (Agility handlers should bring a buckle collar and a 6-foot leash.)
3. Please wear comfortable shoes, such as sneakers. A good running shoe works best for most handlers. Sandals, flip-flops, platform shoes, and boots are not good choices.
4. Make sure your dog has been walked before class. There is a gated area to the south (right) of the building where your dog can relieve himself. We have clean up equipment in the building in case of accidents. Please pickup after your dog. We want to keep our training site as clean as possible.
5. Please do not bring a sick dog to class. He/she can’t learn well and it is not fair to the other dogs to expose them if your dog is contagious.
6. If your bitch comes into season, DO NOT bring her to class. However, during this 2-3 week period, the handler’s attendance is encouraged. Some of the lessons taught in class can be taught at home.
7. Please notify the instructor if for any reason you cannot attend class.
8. The SDOC training directors reserve the right to drop any dog from class. If this is necessary, we will refund the balance of your fee and assist you in finding a private trainer more suited to your dog’s temperament.
9. Please bring soft treats (for example, micro-waved hot dogs or cheese) and/or toys to class.
10.Your dog must not be aggressive to other people or dogs.
11.The weekly lesson is not sufficient for training your dog. Please practice lessons at home so that you and your dog will be prepared for class.
12.If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call the appropriate registrar.